Custom Software Development
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Manufacturers always strive to improve performance against their cost, time-to-market ratio and product quality. They have to optimize their inventory and get real-time updates related to each and every section. Now globalization and the need for quick operational insight are posing new challenges and presenting some opportunities. Companies are required to execute multiple production strategies using both push and pull production control mechanisms. Dynamics® AX 2012 helps manufacturing companies to meet opportunities and overcome obstacles with its powerful ERP solution which is tailored for the industry.
“The ability to view and apply various manufacturing processes through a single ERP solution is the best solution for our business. With Microsoft we are confident we will remain on the cutting edge of technology.”
— Hubertus Meisterjahn, COO, Dornbracht
- Optimize production processes and materials planning while also boosting forecasting and scheduling accuracy.
- Schedule materials and capacity simultaneously
- Create, view, track, roll back and allocate production orders to categories
- Understand actual cost through production tracking and track detailed resources and overall costs. Identify and assess production variances too
- Plan simple as well as complex networks and use continuous routes
- Organize shop floor in parts of production units at each of the sites
- Schedule/reschedule jobs swiftly and also simulate additional alternatives
- Reassign to resolve scheduling overloads
- Use a unified resource model and scheduling engine for optimal scheduling of processes
AX for Process Manufacturing
- Define more than one inventory dimension including multiple units of measure
- Introduce new set of catch-weight calculations and various packaging codes
- Manage plethora of formulas efficiently along with co-products and by-products, e- signatures, and different packaging options.
- One can assign multiple quality specifications for each of the products so that machine utilization is optimized.
- Analyze and efficiently monitor production costs and sales order component requirements with the use of graphs and statistics
- Cut down on inventory costs and avoid waste by sequencing the inventory in an ideal arrangement of first expired/first out (FEFO) or first in/first out (FIFO) selection.
- Meet regulatory compliance requirements posed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by regulating manufacturing processes.
Microsoft’s unified approach has helped many manufacturing businesses to run and enhance its internal manufacturing processes. The solution has helped them to widen reach to a variety of geographies. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 reflects the spirit of innovation for meeting needs of manufacturers and to realize their vision of growth and stability.