Custom Software Development
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Communication and collaboration is important to the survival of any organization. SharePoint 2010 development enables businesses to communicate through a central source and helps in sharing of information through a common repository. This Microsoft solution keeps relevant staff informed about the goings-on in the organization.
Analysts have praised SharePoint 2010 for it being an efficient collaboration technology. Knowledge workers have spent 50% of their overall production time searching for information and they find the SharePoint solution quite helpful for posting enterprise search queries. Automated solutions and workflows also help in cutting down on various expenses by storing information in a single source which can be accessed by authorized and disparate workers related to the same project.
Companies are increasingly turning to SharePoint according to a report. The prime reason for the interest was to improve efficiency and collaboration. The report stressed that SharePoint aids companies to streamline information perfectly and also prevents inaccurate information to get disseminated.
SharePoint 2010 has additional identifiable benefits which include:
- Consistent User Experience with simple yet profound features
- Increase in productivity through lesser business complexity
- Meeting of Compliance Requirements through better control on content
- Effective Content Management for business value
- Easy accessibility of Business Data in Dissimilar systems
- Connects People of Similar Skills and Expertise relevant to each domain
- Shared Business Processes with Extranet Features scalability as and when needed
With SharePoint 2010 services, Microsoft has found a perfect solution to converge the power of its previous products like Office and Exchange in SharePoint. SharePoint is expected to bring in better returns this year since it has effectively brought the Microsoft family closer.
On the other hand, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) has been in constant demand for many corporates. Integration of proven methods has largely been unrealized and tools to deliver information have not been successful enough.
There are many companies which harness MS SharePoint solutions to be the perfect ECM solution. Clients are empowered with demarcating features of SharePoint which sets them apart from other platforms. The integration features with Microsoft tools is a major plus many who just have to leverage the existing architecture and move over to SharePoint.
SharePoint provides comprehensive enterprise content management features at low costs. SharePoint solutions go beyond just ECM since it helps users to integrate itself with different social computing platforms, BI tools and search features too.
Here are some of the ECM features that SharePoint development can easily deliver
- Unique ID for each and every document
- Utilization of metadata information organization
- Document grouping and project management
- Enhanced and streamlined enterprise search with personalized features
- Enhanced and streamlined records and data libraries
- Social Computing collaboration with interactive features
- Integration of external platforms like BCS
- Quick and easy content publishing and authoring